Prof. Burns is a dedicated maritime expert of over 25 years. Her expertise combines (i) land-based leadership positions in operations management, chartering, S&P, insurance & claims (ii)shipboard regulatory audits & Emergency response, and (iii) academic research on maritime security, operations, policy, performance.
Proven track record includes:
• Expertise in global maritime operations, port management, shipboard operations.
• Deep knowledge of ships and cargo particularities, e.g. liquid bulk (crude oil, chemical tankers, etc.), dry bulk (fertilizers, foods, metals, cement, etc.)
• Expertise in global & regional maritime laws & regulations, e.g. IMO,U.S.A./the Americas, European Union, Mediterranean/Middle East, Far East, etc.
• Combines expertise in Charter Party types and Operations – hence can translate clause stipulations into actual ship performance.
• Impressive global maritime network, cultivated for over 25 years.
• Problem-solver, out-of-the-box thinker.
• Certified HSSQE Auditor. Emergency Responder, worked with claims on ships, ports/terminals, stevedores, crew injuries, etc.
• Doctoral studies in Political Science – Criminal Organizations. 2 Masters Degrees in Maritime Business (*Admiralty & Maritime Law), and Political Science (*Policy & institutions).
• Excellent Evidence Preparation
• Data Science, Big Data Analytics, Network & Policy Analysis, Technical Reports.
An accomplished maritime author & researcher (DHS, DOS, etc.), her book “Port Management & Operations” was ranked among the top 3 books to understand the maritime industry.